Monday, June 8, 2009

Vacation with the family could really be a reality show, worth watching

The week before our vacation. I felt like I maybe would not be able to pull it all off. Here is what I had to do.

Sat-take aerial pictures of MLA.
Get presents for a few people
Sun-Church, and dinner with a friend
Mon-Discharge a girl oh and have my last day at work
Aunt's birthday
Client's therapy
Tues-Preschool graduation
Client's therapy
Wed-Dog training
Tutoring
paperwork
Buy teacher's presents
12:00 midnight-pack and go shopping for vacation
Thurs-Last day of school
Finish packing
Load car
Get gas
Thursday night is when the fun began. We got to AZ about 6:00 and of course my mom had dinner ready for us. Then we visited with friends, set up four tents in my parents yard. (I slept inside) Tried to stop our dog and Brady's dog from fighting, played a few lotto tickets, went jogging at 10:00 at night, and went to bed around 12:00. The next morning...

We got up ate, went to "Stamp'in Up", and searched for bullets so Jason and the boys could go shooting later at our Ranch. Finally we made it to the Sand Dunes. Just as we arrived the wind picked up. Brikelle and Addi oh and the dog still had a great time. After that we headed to the ranch. When we got there it was like the kids and Keltsie had a bomb go off. They ran and ran and ran. We went on boat rides, hikes, sat by the fire and played name that tune as Michael sang off key, fought about sleeping arrangements and places for everyone, cooked together, and then we see a few cars pull up. It seems a nice gesture was actually taken. We had an extra family come. Oh yea they were former "pligs" so keep in mind how the "pligs" feel about family... As we are sitting by the fire Holly shows up. She has an extra two boys and two dogs no one knew were coming. OH I LOVE MY FAMILY! Finally at 1:00 we all settle into bed. About this time Addi wakes up and can't sleep. So Jason and Addi are hang'in out by the fire just killing time. Around 4:00 Brikelle wakes up and need to go bathroom. Realizing that Jason has the flashlight I feel my way to the bathroom. Then I feel my way to find him. We finally all get into bed and around 7:00 EVERYONE wakes up.

Stacy and Levi had breakfast going which was great. Dad took Brady's dog home which was good because Holly brought two dogs oh did I mention there are rules "NO DOGS"
We had a lot of fun. We played ultimate freebie, visited more, hiked, went on a few more boat rides. Then Jason went to steal some sand for me for my homemade sand tray. He was gone for 6 hours. around 5.5 hours my mom suggested we drive into town and make sure there have been no accidents reported. So we do and there were no accidents reported. Michael suggests we drive to the Dunes because maybe he got stuck. I notice the time and become concerned about dinner. After all it is my turn. We start heading back and actually see Jason. When he finally pulls over he is a calm as can be and wonders why we are looking for him. I head back to the ranch and make him go tell the sheriff he is okay. As soon as we pull in, I see sister's racing in the car. Apparently I did not bring enough food. I am a little bit confused because I should have plenty. After going inside I realize that those who are in the kitchen are pretty worried there is not enough sauce, salad and the bread went hard. Jason being as stable as he is reminds people that we are adding meat to the sauce and it will double. My mom reminds me of our friends the "pligs" who by now have more family members show up. So here is what our scene looks like...

Mom worried we don't have enough. Sister driving back into town to more food, other sister pissed because everyone yelled at her instead of me because I was out looking for Jason, Jason just doing his thing cooking. In the end we threw a way a pan and a half of noodles, two jars or sauce, a huge bowl of salad, and the bread softened when Jason cooked it and we did have to make more bread. Jason was not worried at all. In fact later that night 4 more people showed up and we fed them too. Point of the story. Let those in charge be in charge. Also the HEATON'S overreact, overestimate, and are opinionated. But we can admit it and that is half of the battle. That night it rained hard for about 3 minutes. It was pretty cool to sit by the fire covered with a tin roof and enjoy the night. Then the generator (which is not a crank anymore:( Started to run out of gas. IT was CREEPY watching the lights from the fire flicker. That night Jason and I stayed up talking with Maria Levi's sister. She is amazing and so nice. We had a great chat about things happening in our lives and some awesome experiences. Again it was 1:15 by the time we got to bed. The kids got up at 7:00 and we noticed that it rained last night. Michael took his girls and Addi for a walk. So they came home wet and muddy. We made dinner and Holly tried to convince us all she never overreacts to things. As Michael and I laugh and try to humor her she is on a mission to prove it, by overreacting to our comment. LOL! After breakfast we start and get cleaned up. As we are getting ready for lunch, Addi tries to put Kate's shoes on which are by the hot stove trying to dry. Somehow she puts her tiny hand on the stove which has had a fire burning all morning. For about an hour we meaning EVERYONE tried to help. She was in so much pain and just could not get comfortable. First G-ma held her and tried to get her to put her hand in cold water, then Stacy went to swing with her, Michael took her for a walk, mean while Brian, Jason and I are trying to put medicine on the hand and medicine in her mouth. She finally calms down when G-pa starts and blows bubbles for her. After that she seemed okay until she fell on the grass and put her hand down to catch her. At that point we realized our vacation is over. We pack the car put a movie on and head our. Hoping the girls will fall a sleep. Instead Addi hits her hand again and crys hard all the way to Panguitch. At that point I suggest we take her to the hospital. As we slow coming into town, her head flops and she is out. I am sitting in the back holding her arm actually she is holding my arm so I tell Jason to keep driving. We made it all the way to Scipio. We stop to rest and let the girls out. I call Holly because she has our sand and we were going to meet so I could get it. I find out they are in Nephi and their trailer carrying the four wheelers and bikes had a blow out and they need help. We race to Nephi and see the kids on the side of a gas station with the two dogs. Brian I found out later was driving slowly in a junk yard trying to figure out how to borrow a tire so he could get the trailer off the freeway. Mean while Holly is calling every tire place and tow truck company, but it is Sunday and the fees are more than double. Jason offers his flatbed but we need to get home. Holly realizes that the two boys Tyler brought down have summer school and can't miss or be late at all so she is frantic to get them home to Ogden. After about an hour we get in our cars and head home to get the flatbed and man power to get the trailer. While we are driving I see Wal-mart in Payson. I asked Jason if they would have a tire. She gets excited and says "yes" so I call Holly and by the time we got the communication across we were coming on to the Springville exit. So Jason pulls over and goes to the tire shop. It is 6:05 and they close at 6:00 he runs in. about 30 minutes later we are walking out with a tire. about another 30 minutes I am driving with Holly, the two boys and my kids home. We get home and Michael comes over and drives them up to North Ogden. Around 9:30 Jason come walking in the door. just to make sure we end on a good note. I had two batches of wash done and folded, everything unpacked, cleaned and put a way, bills paid, mail looked through, and food waiting. I refuse DRAMA!

Last night Jason and I started planning our return visit on the 4Th of July. We will be a little more prepared and a little more relaxed. Heaton Ranch here we come again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I seriously am exhausted just reading about your vacation! Got to love BIG families. I don't think I ever experiened family drama until I married Matt, and into his big 'ole family!