Monday, July 28, 2008

Vacation for 4 please



We just got back from Lake Powell and yes we did take the kids. This is the first time we have gone on vacation with the girls alone. Now we ventured out a bit and went to visit my dad and step mom but this trip was different. Here is a list of worries:
1. Would Brikelle jump in the water and I not notice
2. Would Addi cry and wake everyone up
3. Would potty training be a joke?
4. Would I be able to ski with the kids?
5. Would I be the fattest person on the trip?
There were a few more but these concerned me the most.

So here is how our trip went:
1st night-So hot the FOUR of us could not sleep on the double bed. Addi did wake up and cry. Brikelle needed a diaper during the night.
1st day- Jeff (who is also an owner of the boat with Jason) goes early morning skiing and yep breaks his ankle. It was Jason's birthday that day too so I had a few small things planned but they were cancelled because Jason and John had to take Jeff to the clinic.
2nd day- Jeff decided to say until mid week and Jason demands the air conditioning stays on all night YEA! We go skiing and I refuse to take off my shorts so I can't get up and ski because my shorts are weighing me down. Oh and we still the other room from some friends so now we have two beds YEA!
3rd day-We head back in to the slip. Realizing that two of the families are leaving and I am going to get stuck cleaning. However on the way back we start cleaning but I am interrupted by crying kids so I don't end up cleaning.
4th day loving Powell, loving my kids, loving vacation
5th day in a hurry to get on the road and head home

So I realized that Powell is a vacation for single, kid less, skinny, people. We are going in October and I hope to be at least one of those skinny people. I have lost 5 pounds and have about 15 more to go

Good news Brikelle is still potty trained and only had about two accidents the whole trip which was great because I forgot to remind her or ask her to go alot. Addi did cry in the morning but Jace and I were quick to get up with her and make sure she did not wake anyone up. Though people heard her cry the first night they all said they were too tired to care and it did not bother them. Also Brikelle was a trooper about wearing her life jacket.


So all the work to get ready to go and all the work while there and all the work to get home and back on schedules was worth it but next year I want to sell our weeks and head to Florida. We need more kid friendly vacations right now LOL! However I know I will lose this battle and we will be in Lake Powell again next year and believe me I will be writing about that trip too. ;)

No comments: