Friday, October 10, 2008

First and Last time

Well The morning started off good. Brikelle had a sleepover with Holly. So in the morning Addi and I just hung out and played. Around 1:00 I picked up Justin and started our adventure to North Ogden to get Brikelle. Being a great tutor I decided we would ride Front Runner and talk about our environment. Well here is how it went
1. Train leaves at 1:55
2. I am there at 1:35
3. I have no idea where to park
4. Finally I ask and find a place
5. Run to get tickets
6. Get tickets
7. Turn to get on, and the train leaves. W/O us on
So I feed Justin and wait in the cold wind for the next train. The guy working the ticket thing tells me the next train will be in 10 minutes. So we sit and try this again.

1. 2:10 no train
2. 2:20 no train
3. 2:30 TRAIN oh but it sits for about 10 to 15 minutes
4. We are on and riding YAY! Shoot Addi drank all her milk while we were waiting.
5. Addi cries (very loudly)
6. It triggers Justin so he is stimming (Yelling different phrases from his favorite movies)
7. Two business men continue to TRY and sleep.
8. An hour later we are in Ogden because the North Ogden train does run until 6:00pm
9. Wait and Wait for Holly.
10. Addi still crying
11. Holly comes YAY!
She insists we need to go to a pumpkin patch. I look at the time. I need to get Justin back home REAL soon. So I tell her to drive fast and we will pick fast. So we go to the patch and I just pick the first one. Holly and Brikelle take their time walking and looking for the right one. (I reminded Holly that I was hauling these pumpkins back on the train ALONE) so she finally gets one. (I kept saying hurry and Brikelle did not like that...Notice her face you can almost see her getting mad at me) Justin did not want to pick one he just wanted to sit on one! Finally everyone has a pumpkin. Now if we could just pay and leave that would be great...but no the money takers are gone. So instead of taking the pumpkins and running Holly wants to knock on the door and pay. But the person who answers the door does not know the price. (Heart rate increases) FINALLY!

We rush back to her house to get Brikelle's things. Then we race to the station.

This is what I looked like
1 car seat
1 suitcase
diaper bag
Lunch box for Justin's special food
Two sippy cups FULL of milk
two pumpkins
Three kids who are all tired, hungry, 1 is autistic, and we all have to go to the bathroom.
Oh did I mention that my cell phone kept ringing the whole way home. I let Addi play with it so every time it rang I tried to answer which means I had to take it from Addi, which caused her to scream, which triggered Justin to yell (LOUDLY) So I did miss a few calls....oh well.

I am smiling but this was before the train started.

After our hour ride home and a few smarties later, we are in the car headed home.

Wow a first and last for the Rowley clan!

3 comments:

LDeSbian said...

Just reading this made me tired!! I couldn't help think about Kate from 'John and Kate Plus 8'. How in the hell do they do it?

I salute you all who have kids!!!

Erica said...

You're so funny. These are just some of the joys I have t look forward to, right...

jenny said...

YaY smarties-!!

you're amazing. sounds like quite the crazy day.. oh and Justin is SO big now-!! i can't even believe it.