Friday, February 6, 2009

Our First Family Vacation ALONE!

We are in California and making some great memories. This was Brikelle and Addisen's first plane trip. We packed DVD's, candy, milk and toys. We were able to put both girls in car seat in their own seat so it was a pretty good flight. Only minimal crying which I could not hear because I had my headphone on (J/K) Jason and Brikelle sat together and Addi and I sat together.

Once we landed Jason went to get a car. Economy to save money. Not so smart we packed heavy not knowing what to expect. So as we drove to the hotel I was scrunched with my legs up holding one of a many bags.

When we arrived the place was great full kitchen two rooms pretty nice. So we went to get food for our full kitchen. The girls all of a sudden got a burst of energy at 11:00 at night. So Jason slept half the night with Brikelle and I spent half the night with Addi.

Our first day at Disneyland. We head for Soaring over California. Brikelle passes the height requirements all the way until we get on the ride. So we have to get off. I am pretty bugged.

We spend the next 15 minutes stuffing socks in her shoes and measuring. NOPE it is not working. So we head over to Bug's Life.

Brikelle is screaming through the whole ride. I get up to leave she screams she does not want to leave. After she yells at Jason "Daddy why did you do that? IT was scary...I don't want to go on that ride again" We sorta laugh and move on.

EVERY SINGLE RIDE she cries on. Wait no screams in hysterics. Until the teacups. She loves the teacups and Dumbo. She actually calls it the sippy cups

We make it through the day barely.

The next day we decide to do to target and get big shoes. We search and find these expensive Camp Rock UGLY shoes but they have a huge heel. So we buy them.

Then I decide to look at payless-nope nothing but I buy in soles hoping to make it work. Then I head to Wal-mart. I find a few pairs. I ask if I can leave my driver's license and run to the car and have Brikelle try them on.(She is a sleep so I did not bring her in) The guy was so rude and says no. So I have to buy the shoes, have her try them on, if they work great if not I have to return them.

So I head to the register. The pair I really want they can't sell me because the are on recall so I buy the size 12 other shoes. Brikelle wears an 8. Run out they are too big. Run in to exchange, I am the 12 person in line. So I leave the shoes and try to find more. As I am walking I find the shoe guy and beg him. He changes the tag and tell me to go to the garden area to buy them. So I do and SUCCESS Brikelle proudly owns a paid of PURPLE PATTEN LEATHER COWBOY BOOTS. Now before you pull a face remember she is one inch too short and these boot have a big heel.

I run back to get my money for the other pair. The lady did not give me a receipt so I can only get in store credit. I run to find the manager. He okay the money back. I finally get in the car and my whole family is asleep.

We decide to go to Newprot Beach. Addi loves the water and guess what Brikelle is afraid of it. Then it rains! We jump back in the car and head to the Long Beach Aquarium. We see Bubba Gump Shrimp so we stopped to eat. I paid 20.00 for 7 coconut shrimp. But who cares we are making memories. (20.00) We run in the rain to the Aquarium and Pay 50.00 and go see some fish. We run back to the car and head home.

Since we neglected to get a map we are pretty much lost but not really caring because the kids are asleep and we like to drive. We end up in COMPTON after an hour of driving in the wrong direction we finally get home. We are all in bed at 8:30

It is now 8:00 am and everyone is still asleep. I am blogging because it is raining.

Today we ARE going to Disneyland. Poncho's and all. We have a babysitter who is going to take the girls for a few hours. I will let you know how the rest goes. We have been bribing, threatening, scaring Brikelle so hopefully she will enjoy today a little more. When we came home last night we drive by Disneyland and she yelled YAY Disneyland. Jason and I immediately looked and each other hopeful.

TTFN

1 comment:

Heather said...

We love Disney World. I hope that Brikelle has more fun next time. We have been there with the whole shoe thing! Last Feb. we stuffed napkins in Mattie's shoes to get her on a ride. It didn't work. A couple of months later we brought platform flip flops and she made it one. By the end of the year she didn't need any lifts! Good luck and have fun!