Thursday, February 26, 2009

The rest of our Vacation

Well I am finally finishing this blog. We have been home for a while but it takes us weeks to settle in.

The next day at Disneyland was great. Did I mention we got a babysitter. She has a pass to Disneyland so she met us there. She took the girls on their rides (teacups again and again) and Jason and I went to play. It was great we walked on every ride. Sure it was raining but that was the fun part. As we stopped for lunch right as we sat down to eat the sun came out. Of course we did not stop eating but when we finished and headed out the rain started again. This is how Jason and I function. If something is going to go wrong it will with us. We met up with the girls around 7:00 they had a ball. I gave the babysitter the camera so we would have pictures of our fun trip and maybe no one would know we got a tender LOL.

We had dinner at Tony Roma's and headed back to Disneyland for a few more rides. The next day was Saturday and we arranged for the babysitter to meet up with us again but an hour before we met with her we were feeling guilty. After all this was a FAMILY Vacation. SO we cancelled and headed off. Jason managed to bribe Brikelle to FINALLY go on Sorin' over California and with her go go boots I was confident as they asked to check her height.

Sure enough her head touched. She was a little stressed as we walked down to the ride but I was determined she ride the ride. As we are about to take our seat she lets me know she REALLY REALLY needs to go the bathroom. So I did what every good mom should do. I TOLD HER TO HOLD IT. She did great on the ride until the golf ball hit her. She actually said ouch. After the ride we did turtle talk and all the fun things in California Adventure.

Briklle loved so many rides in California Adventure. She kept making Jason go on the swings. Our favorite family ride was the Toy Story ride. Finally Brikelle was running to ride just like we imagined when planning this trip. ha ha ha

The last day was also great. Brikelle's $8.00 boots were worth every penny.
We decided to take the later flight and go to Knotts Berry Farm. We got all dressed and ready before looking outside. It was pouring. So we looked at a few other things to do since our flight was not leaving until 7:00 pm. Then some friends of our mentioned we could get on a flight to Vegas and spend a few hours in Vegas and then head home. So we rush to get packed and head to the airport.

Now remember Jason got the economy car. Here is a picture of Addi with our GIGANTIC suitcase leaning on her. and we now have three other people and their luggage. So Jason and Julee, Bailee and Addi go to the airport to check in. Jason returns to get the rest of us. Knowing our history with the California freeways you can only guess what happened.

We were heading the wrong direction. Did I mention we have 30 minutes before the plane LEAVES. We make it with about 15 minutes till take off. Run to check in while Julee waits with the kids. We are all checked in but Jason still has to drop the car off. Only then do we realize the tank is on empty. With no choice we take in the car empty. Jason takes the car and the girls and I head through security. Oops I have milk for the girls so they stop us and have to check it.

Here is the picture: Me, two kids, double stroller, two carseats, all coats off (still raining) all shoe and socks off. All the carry on's. The plane is leaving in 5 minutes. I run on the plane with two car seats thinking there will be room. NOPE FULL FIGHT! I actually hear people sigh as I run on with kids. One ELDERLY lady actually says loudly "Thanks goodness it is a short flight and then laughs" I sit down sweating as the flight attendant stood back asking where I am going to put the other carseat. Finally she takes it and says I am going to check this. We are finally all seated and I look up WHERE IS JASON? He bolts on and the doors shut. He finds his seat and it is by a window the lady in my row GLADLY switches him. WOW we are on and seated. Jason tell me gas was 7.99 a gallon. I freak out and just then the flight attendant comes and tells Jason he has to move because you can't have four in a row. So we scramble and another person moves and Jason sits across from us. After all the instructions the same flight attendant comes back and says sorry she was not thinking and since Addi is a lap sitter we CAN have 4 in a row. At that point Jason tells me Addi is REALLY wet and Brikelle has to go pee. The flight attendants say we will have to wait. Brikelle starts to cry and repeats I have to go bathroom. She tells us to hurry. So we run back and go to the bathroom. I too took advantage of this. As we walk back to our seats I am about to die when the pilot comes on and states we have a 30 minute wait until we can take off. YEP that is right 30 more minutes. Jason runs back and changes Addi who's clothes are also wet. We are able to change her clothes drop a dirty diaper in the trash and we are off.

I need everyone to know my kids did not make a sound the whole plane ride so there grouchy lady in the front.

When we arrive to Vegas we run to get a taxi. We only have 2 hours until our plane leaves for SLC just enough time to eat right. The line is LONG and when it is our turn we can't find the rest of our party so we have to stand aside while the man tries to find a van. Nope no vans so we need two cars. Here is what this picture looks like:

Jason pushing the double stroller, one car seat in the stroller and one carseat tied to the stroller. Two kids, pillow for me, carry on's and a hungry bunch of people. I finally said no. I told the party with us to go a head but we were staying put. There is no way we could load everyone up, go eat and get back in 2 hours.

We head back to security oops milk again but this time an elderly man is going to test it and he wants to teach a new employee how to do this. He leaves to get his kit it works for the first cup. Oops it breaks so I tell the man I will pour the rest out. I filled about 4 cups and 4 bottles because I did not want to waste the milk we bought for the week. He tells me he can't and proceed to go find another kit. Many many moments later he returns. He starts to check the rest of the milk and talk to the new employee who thinks we are playing 20 questions. FINALLY we are done and our party is wondering where we are.

We ate at a place in the Vegas airport and found a play land. Believe it or not someone in our party told us the wrong departure time so guess what we are RUNNING again to the plane. We are the last again to get on. Once again the plane is full so we have to check one car seat. Just as were are leaving the flight attendant tells my friend why didn't you guys take the later flight from Long Beach. That flight is wide open.

I just start to laugh and laugh and laugh. We land and get in our car and remember our car is on empty. So we go to get gas and we are home unpacked and in bed by 10:30.

As Jason and I lay in bed we start to talk about the trip. It started off so calm. We were packed and to the airport 2 hours early the girls were great. We were the first on the plane. Each of us got our own seat. The girls are great on the plane. No one is looking at us or waiting for us. Then Jason got the economy car and that is where the memories are made. Now before you feel bad for us remember what I said earlier if something is going to happen it happens to us. So we are used to this type of stuff.

This was the best vacation ever. I can't wait for Powell!

Brikelle woke up in the middle of the night and asked Jason if she could ride splash mountain tomorrow. Jason did not answer and she went back to bed. The next morning she could not stop talking about our trip. When we got in the car for school she asked, "Hey mama are we going to California?"

1 comment:

jenny said...

sounds like an awesome trip-!!
i love the shoes story. so glad that worked out-!!

we need to do lunch soon. can you guys ever do dinner?