Friday, April 3, 2009

This is how we do it

I have not written in a while because life is just rolling along. However I wanted to share a conversation I had with Jason and Brikelle.

Brikelle and I were driving to the doctors. I stopped at a red light right by McDonalds. In the parking lot was a big sign that read "LAP PUPPIES".

Me: Oh Brikelle look puppies
Brikelle: Oh mama I want to hold one
Me: Maybe on the way home we have to get to the doctors.
Me: You will have to show daddy the puppies and ask him to buy you one. (they were really cute)
Brikelle: Okay I will ask daddy.

A few hours later we are all driving in the car.

Me: Hey look the puppies are still there.
Brikelle: Daddy I want to hold one
Jason: sigh and pulls into the parking lot
Jason: Well go see how much
Me: Really are we going to get one
Jason:No
Me: Fine lets go
Brikelle: Crying I want to see them.

I go ask how much and get one to hold

Me: Oh Brikelle look
Dog licks Brikelle
Brikelle: Oh daddy he like me. He likes me a lot
Addi: Dog peeese. Yelling Dog peeeeeese
Jason: okay give him back
Brikelle: NO I WANT TO KEEP HIM
Me: can we get one
Jason: NO
Brikelle: Please can we keep him
Jason: Not right now honey

I take the dog and give him back. Brikelle is crying and Addi now is watching Brikelle and starts to cry too.

Me: Brikelle why are you crying.
Brikelle: Because I want a puppy
Me: Well talk to dad
Brikelle: Daddy please
Jason: Not right now honey
Brikell: Mommy lets me and you go and get the puppy
Me: why
Brikelle: Because daddy said no and I want one.
Brikelle: Take daddy home and get me a puppy
Me: but daddy said no
Brikelle: but I say yes
Me: what should I do
Brikelle: get me a puppy
Jason: Brikelle I said no
Brikelle: I was talking to mom, dad
Brikelle: If dad says no I am going to have mom do it
Brikelle: Take dad home mom
Jason: fakes sad
Brikelle: well then get me a puppy and then you won't be sad

I give it a few months before we have another puppy. I am glad my girl is learning how to work it. Jason informs me that night. "You are going to regret you taught her that when she is 16" probably right LOL

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is so funny! And, you probably will regret that one later on in life!

The Van Horn's said...

What a great story. I catch Ashley saying "Not today" when she is playing. Apparently I say "Not today" whenever the girls ask if we can get something.