Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bye Elmo

Okay so I have told this story to a few people and they ALL advised me to blog about it.

So last week Brikelle woke up and went to feed her fish ELMO!. She kept saying, "Hey mom Elmo is sleeping". I did not really pay much attention until she was yelling it at me. The fish frequently does not move so I went to make sure he WAS moving. I saw him laying on the bottom of the tank not moving. I tapped a few times and nothing. So I proceeded to tell Brikelle he was Really Really sleepy and we need to leave him alone. A few hours later Brikelle had a chair up to the counter. "Mom he is still sleeping" I just laughed quietly and made the call to dad. Hey pick up a red beta before you come home. I proceeded to tell him the story. Just before he got home he called and asked me to distract Brikelle so he could replace the fish. When he pulled up Brikelle was outside and ran to meet him (she does this every day) Anyway, the new fish had to wait in the car for a few hours and finally Jace got the job done. Just before bed Brikelle came into the kitchen and yelled, "oh mama he's a wake now"!

Some say Bata fish live through anything, not true I managed to kill him. When Jason asked what happened I realized that I might have fed him too much. But in my defense he was always at the top and he always ate so I figured he was hungry. I am now following the directions and I hope THIS ELMO makes it a little longer than the last.

1 comment:

Jillybean said...

Poor Elmo.

This is one of the reasons why we don't have pets.
And also the extra poop.