Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Growing up



This morning around 4 Brikelle came into our room and asked if she could go to school. Jace said no but allowed her to lay by us. Around 7:00 she truned to me and asked if she could go to school. I decide it was time to get up. She let me do her hair, she ate, brushed her teeth, and got dressed.

Do you notice anything in the way she dressed herself? (Her shirt is on backwards. I did not notice until we were in the car)


She was so excited. After pictures I heard her say "come on Addi you have to take me to school". I came down to find Brikelle carrying Addi to the car. As we were driving we were singing the duckie song after 3 times I said "Look Brikelle there is your school" She got so excited and screamed and kicked her feet. As I pulled around to the drop off the teacher opened the car door and I told Brikelle "she is going to take you to class" I wanted to walk her in but yesterday they told me to please just drop her off. Well Brikelle lost it. She was crying and kicking and flaying her arms and actually hit the teacher. I was stunned at the way she was acting. I wanted to pull around and take her in but the teacher grabbed her and shut the door. At that point I lost it. I felt so bad maybe her was too young right now. I felt so lonely without her that Addi and I went shopping. I did not want to go home with out her. I can't believe how much I was missing her. I called to make sure she was okay and the director said she was good, but I could not help feeling guilty.

I watched the clock waiting until I could go pick her up. Finally it was time. When I got there I noticed I was really early but who cares. She was smiling! She jumped into the car. I asked if she wanted to go back to school tomorrow and she said, "SURE DO"!



Please tell me I am not a freak and all mother's feel and act this way! PLEASE ;)

1 comment:

Jillybean said...

It's been three weeks since preschool started and I still feel weird dropping him off and driving away.