Temptation had taken me. I don't think my family will have me back anytime soon. So the buzz this summer around our neighbors has been this stupid book about vampires. Everyone is talking about it asking me if I have read the series. I have been saying over and over. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ FOR ENJOYMENT. I have been trying to stay on top of the reading my boss gives me to stay educated. So because of this stupid buzz I have refused to read or even get remotely interested in this type of book. Vampires DUH! I knew I would never read them because I hate to be trendy. I was standing my ground! I found out a movie was coming out so I thought I will see the movie then decide if I wanted to read the book. Even then I said I would wait for the dollar movies.
IT HAPPENED. I could not sleep Thursday night. SO I picked up the book my niece gave to my step mom. I was surprised how easy the reading was. I knew I would never finish it. I am just too busy and I have never found a book I could not put down EVER! It was 12:00 and I read until chapter 3. Jason was restless with the light on so I thought I should be nice and turn it off. That night I dreamed about the first three chapters. I found myself waiting for the sunlight just so I could read more.
I woke up. Fed the kids and turned T.V. on for Brikelle. I opened the book. I read and read. Stopped fed the kids and put them down for naps and read and read. Stopped went to see Justin and came back home and read and read. I found myself rereading pages to make sure I understood the plot. I FINISHED IT LAST NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. 24 hours and I had finished the book. I AM HOOKED! Sure my house is a mess and the dishes are stacking up (Lisa went home for the weekend)but I FINISHED IT. Today I start the second book. I am feeling anxious about not getting them all read before the movie but hopeful. I found my self yesterday in the car calling people I knew to tell them about this new great book I found. Most were still in the same frame mind as me weeks eariler but I am hooked. Temptation has taken me.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment